Custom firmware constantly freezes

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by homers, Jun 17, 2008.

1. homers

homers New Member

Hi
    I downloaded firmware 1.1.4 and I used winpwn to add a custom boot logo and add installer.

I pwned my iPod Touch and installed this firmware. It starts fine but it constantly freezes and I have to hold the power and home button to turn it off.

Why does it constantly freeze?

I downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware of a different website and put it through the same process except when I tried to restore it iTunes came up with an error saying it could not restore the firmware.

What can I do to solve this freezing issue?

Thanks
  2. patty wagon

patty wagon New Member

right after your pwn you have to go to notes and go crazy on the keyboard.
    it shouldnt freeze after that

edit: wait i could be wrong i think thats for customize
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You still need to follow all the normal jailbreak procedures after you install the custom firmware, use one of our guides. I can PM you mine if you can't find one.
  4. homers

homers New Member

5. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

I am confused. What other JB procedures must one follow after they PWN? I just Pwned my iPod last night (first time) and created custom firmware and I have installer working perfectly. I have not done anything else but PWN.
  6. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ehh, that doesn't really look like it covers the reason that his iPod is freezing.
    Mine does the same thing, I just accepted it is because of all the customizing I have done to my iPod, and something is conflicting, whatever. It used to freeze a lot more than it does now. I would restore and try again but I am way too lazy to try and get my iPod back to it's current state after that.

But since you just pwned, I don't really know the answer.
    Does it lock up when you are using the keyboard? Because that is a common bug and can easily be fixed.
  7. quoxdor

quoxdor Member

I had almost the same problem and I reinstalled BSD Subsystem then it didn't freeze anymore
  8. chevy572ss

chevy572ss New Member

i have been having this same problem. i finally gave up after trying different things, and just jailbroke with iliberty. i noticed after creating the custom firmware it was 2 mb smaller than the orginal firmware.