Custom boot logo, what am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kakashi0226, May 17, 2009.

1. kakashi0226

kakashi0226 New Member

So earlier i tried to use Logome to make a custom boot logo, and that didn't work. Since then i tried using Quick Freedom to change the boot logo, but whenever i select any image i get from online, or my own images, it always says something like "Your boot logo does not have transparency and may not work!". So is my Quick Freedom defective or does it always say that? Also i use Gimp to create custom images with transparency on them. So does anyone else have this problem, and if not then what programs should i use to create my own custom boot logo? Thanks in advance.
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Re jailbreak with redsn0w 0.3 and use logome, much easier
  3. kakashi0226

kakashi0226 New Member

I already tried that and for some reason it didnt work, is there another way?
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You rejailbroke with redsn0w 0.3 and ran logome and it still didn't change the boot logo?
  5. kakashi0226

kakashi0226 New Member

i jailbroke it with quick freedom then used logo me on a premade custom boot logo(not by me, i found it off of a site that was in the tutorial video), it ended up freezing/crashing my ipod and i had to restore and re add all sources, so i'd like to avoid that if possible

EDIT:
    further searching shows me that i have to jailbreak it with red sn0w 0.3 so i'll try that
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Did you even read the warning on LogoMe's splash screen?