Custom Badgers Qeustion.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Dolanz, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Dolanz

Dolanz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hay guys quick question I tried using other peeps badgers but doesnt seem to work on my theme... how do u take that red bubble?
    Made some transparent UIButtonBarBadge/Off/On but that Mail bubble still there... Sorry n0ob trying to learn how to theme ^.^;

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Badartgonewrong

Badartgonewrong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you trying to get rid of it, or make a new badge? I don't understand your question.

If you're trying to use someone else's badge, you need to stick it in the theme.theme > Bundles > com.apple.springboard folders respectively, and it needs to be called SBBadgeBG.png.

If you're trying to make your own badge and have it be invisible, just go into photoshop, completely erase it and save it as a transparent png. That is, don't flatten the image so it has a white background. It may or may not ask you to save over the original file. Go ahead and do that.

I'm not sure what your transparent UIButtonBarBadge does, but for mail it's called SBBadgeBG.png.

Hope this helps you somewhat....
  3. Dolanz

Dolanz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ohhhhhhhh thx for explaining mate !
    Yah trying to make a clear badge for mail. Badges for Facebook/Updates etc are all diffrent file name or what?
    Thx again
  4. Badartgonewrong

Badartgonewrong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, they are all differently named and usually in different folders.

Go to cydia and download a free theme that has pretty much everything--icons, status bar, music/video theme, etc. Then SHH into your device and copy the folder to your computer and alter the theme to your liking.

As long as you put edited files back into the same folder--if you move them at all--then your theme should work.

I used aero from cydia, but I don't know if it has the badges you want. I don't know offhand what the badges should be called in themes.
  5. Dolanz

Dolanz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok cool thx