Custom Background with any Jpeg

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Bud9312, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Bud9312

Bud9312 New Member

Ok so i was messing around with a few apps and figured out a simple way to make any jpeg pic as a background.

Apps Needed
    -Finder
    -Wallpaper

You'll also need a program on your computer capable or resizing pics. I used Microsoft office Picture Manager.

I was doing this Using Windows so in order to get the pic from my computer to my ipod i used iBricker. Any method is ok tho, SSH, Email, ect.

Ok so first what you need to do is decide what picture u want i just used one of my myspace pics, right click the pic then select save as, save it as "LockBackground.jpg" (minus the quotes)

Most people should be able to see where im going with this.

Locate the file on your computer and resize it with any program of your choice. Ideal size is 320x480. I know most pics won't fit this size exactly but that hardly matters. As long as you set width to 320pxls then by the of this guide your pic will be centered nicely

Next you need to delete the existing LockBackground.jpg file. The file is located in ~/Library/LockBackground.jpg

To continue you then have to get the newly renamed pic to your iPod, like i said i used iBricker. Put the new jpg in ~/Library as the replacement for the one you just deleted.

Reboot your iPod you'll notice you now have a new Background. If using SummerBoard with Wallpaper enable you may notice an off center Backround, we'll get to that..

This next part is where i like to think i got creative, or maybe im just way behind, as someone might have already thought of this.

The next step requires that you have the Wallpaper.app already installed. Run the wallpaper app, tap once, a continue button will appear. After tapping continue you'll have to be quick and tap the background before it changes. If done correctly another menu will appear. Choose "Add To Wallpaper Library" Then go to Settings->Display->Wallpaper. Your new wallpaper should show up along with the Defaults given by Apple. Choose your new wallpaper and it should be centered on your background.

Just a guide i thought of making to Save custom backgrounds in the library.
    Just Sharing Knowledge. Enjoy!
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if youve got photoshop or other editing software isnt it just easier to save it as a png and just SSH it into the Wallpaper folder?
  3. Bud9312

Bud9312 New Member

Probably but i cant SSH. I never searched for another method tho yesterday was my first thought to even put a custom BG so i just tried it on my own and this is wat i came up wit.