Custom alarm sounds?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rx7sr4, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Rx7sr4

Rx7sr4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, i want to set a custom alarm sound for my 2g but all the tutorials i look at are for the 1g and its all different on the 2g. Can anyone help?
  2. Bocki

Bocki New Member

hi there,

i had exactly the same question an hour ago, i thought that there _had_ to be a way to do this with a now jailbroken ipod touch 2g. after googling a lot and not finding anything, i found the solution by myself

Please Register or Log in to view images

on the iphone, custom alarm sounds can be set using ringtones. and yes, the ipod touch uses those same ringtones as well, you just can't copy them via itunes. just get some .m4r files, and copy them to /Library/Ringtones on your ipod touch 2g

Please Register or Log in to view images

it really is that easy.

regards,
    bocki
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok, so if u can do those via ssh (which im guessing is what ur telling us to do) then can we download the ringtones from cydia and then use those?
  4. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    itunes only converts songs bought from itunes, use iphone ringtone maker then use IfunBox and click on ringtones drag and drop the converted files to there
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ahh i c.... but that still doesn't answer my other question... can u download the ringtones off of cydia, and the use those for ur alarm?
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Not possible! Well actually thats something a 2g user would have to look into. Try sshing around to see where the alarm sounds are and see what type of file they are then convert the song to that type of file.
  7. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah yeah Not Possible! yeah tell my why! don't just say no! Tell me! Jerk...
  8. Bocki

Bocki New Member

i can't try this out right now as i'm at work (no wifi here), but chances are pretty high that downloading ringtones via cydia will work for custom alarm sounds. from what i read online, they're copied to the same folder, and should therefore show up in the clock application.

the worst case scenario is: you have to download and unpack the package manually (linux knowledge is a definite plus), then copy the sounds to /Library/Ringtones

i'll try that out tonight and let you all know.
  9. lszanto

lszanto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The ringtones from Cydia work, it is just like if you add ringtones on an iPhone you can use them as alarm tones.
  10. DJ Silence

DJ Silence New Member

cool cool i was wondering about this too! thanks for trying man!