Custom Alarm doesnt work through dock - only headdphones?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by emanuelme, Aug 11, 2008.

1. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

One person is working on making an alarm clock app that allows users to play a playlist instead of the 5 alarm sounds built into the iPod. However, I'm not sure on the progress or if it will get done. I'm sure the coding is easy (maybe a slight modification in the properties list?) but nobody seems to care....

The technique to add a custom sound (one mp3) is to convert the mp3 to Aiff and then upload it to /library/alarms, edit the plist and voila you can choose your converted mp3 as an alarm. However, and here's hopefully where someone can help, when I choose the alarm and have speakers connected through the headphone jack, it will play the alarm. If I have the ipod docked to the system (logitech) it will not play the sound and will instead choose a different sound. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Oh yes, and if anybody does know how to make the alarm use playlists (like every other ipod other than the touch,) please, please, please make that application.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dont edit the plist...
    umm, i use my logitech speakers, through the dock and it works perfectly....
  3. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

You use the logitech for a custom alarm sound that you made?