Curious if an auto jailbreak 1.1.2 is coming.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mmacfn, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mmacfn

mmacfn New Member

Hey all

I was wondering if there is an effort to develop a "one stop shopping" itouch 1.1.2 jailbreak as there was for 1.1.1?

I dont want to downgrade etc if i dont have to.

Anyone know?
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Yes, most likely. It may take a little bit, but it will come out eventually.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I'm waiting for this as well. Stickin with my 1.1.1. for now

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. chris8535

chris8535 New Member

I'm waiting too

i am waiting as well for a one stop jailbreak method. I have tried the current method twice and ended up with the spinning wheel of death both times. Seems like it isnt quite perfected.
  5. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i don't see how it can be in fewer steps than it already is. all methods require a jailbroken 1.1.1 to start. then:

1. installation of oktoprep.
    2. update via itunes to 1.1.2.
    3. use whatever your preferred method of jailbreaking 1.1.2 is.

step 1 is easy enough. just install from the installer.

there's no way of getting around step 2. if you are thinking that this can be done by visiting a website, it may be possible. but why? downloading the firmware over wireless would take much longer than a copy that's already sitting on your computer (version 1.1.2 is most likely on your computer or will be soon as apple have announced that they are gradually rolling it out).

and step three is a 1 step process as it is. run windows.bat (or osx if your on a mac), check the option to install ssh, enter a password you'd like to use, and click the jailbreak button. that's it.

if you are running into trouble with jailbreaking it now, it's not that these steps didn't work for you. it's because there are conditions on your computer and ipod that's preventing it to work correctly.

i can think of three problems right off the bat.

first, the jailbreak program here is java-based. so of course java has to be installed on your computer for it to work correctly. and more likely than not, java is already installed. it's almost as ubiquitous as flash is on a browser.
    second, the instructions says to unzip the contents into a folder and make sure that the folder name has no space in it.
    and third, turn off auto-check in settings<mail.

and for those of you who moved the applications folder to /private/var/, move it back to the root directory and remove the symlink for good measure (of course you'll have to uninstall enough programs so that it would actually fit). i only uninstalled third party apps. all original ipod apps i left alone. you can always reinstall your programs at a later time. and don't worry, all your settings are saved, even when the programs have been uninstalled. after i upgraded to the 1.1.2 apps, and reinstalled summerboard, etc., i was pleasantly surprised to find that my settings stayed intact. didn't have to re-enter my mail accounts or anything.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The short answer, no.
  7. rafacq

rafacq New Member

I think its just a matter of time before a solution to jailbreak a 1.1.2 iPod Touch without having to downgrade comes out. I have faith in these guys, I bet they are working hard at it!

Until then, I will remain in jail... running without all the neat apps Apple left out.

Patiently waiting...
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always thought that now that the .TIFF exploit has been fixed it was impossible, but this theory sounds alright true also, i mean yea it might take a while.
  9. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

We're working hard on having the capability to jailbreak future firmware versions. We are also working on unlocking UK iPhones. To us, 1.1.2 is a "solved problem". To make it even easier would require using another vulnerability. Those are plentiful, but not free as water and I'm sure everyone would agree that only using one per firmware version (as we have been doing) is wiser in the long run than making life a little easier now.
  10. mmacfn

mmacfn New Member

hey planet.

1st let me say thanks for all your work (and the teams).

So would you suggest i go ahead and downgrade, do the process as it stands now b/c it will be quite awhile?

Also, when i do downgrade i realize that i will lose everything on my itouch. Once i resync with itunes i assume it will all be re-installed is that correct?