Curious about the potential of Bluetooth.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Jan 20, 2009.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Now before you say anything- I DO realize that bluetooth has not been enabled in the ipod touch 2g yet, and the jailbreak has not been released- THEREFORE, we may not know if we can enable it or not.

I am just curious about the potential of the Bluetooth chip. There are several ways this bluetooth can make the ipod a more enjoyable device, besides the Jailbreak.

1) Wireless. Wireless earphones, wireless speakers, and of course, wireless connection with the computer. I'm not asking for an exact answer ("Oh, bluetooth isn't enabled, so we don't know), IS this possible?

2) Local multiplayer. Similar to the Nintendo DS's ADHOC network (the wireless multiplayer play), if there was an app/game built to support the multiplayer capability, would it be possible to link with other ipod touches as long as they are close by?

3) Transfering songs, videos, pictures, through bluetooth to another iPod touch (aka, your friend's, like a cellphone). This is self explanatory, and is similar to #2. Possible?
  2. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Do you realize that this question has been asked a million times already?
    You shouldn't see bluetooth as a group of devices (where one can only be used to play games, the other to listen to the fm radio, another to use wireless headset and so on) that can do a thing based on the same principle. Bluetooth is like a wireless wifi connection between 2 devices and the programs are programmed around the bluetooth. *I think*

ps: ofcourse this is all possible if the bluetooth actually works and once it works it still need to be implemented in the Ipod Touch.
  3. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think a samsung player (not sure) had the ability to connect via bluetooth with a mobile phone so you could make calls from the mp3 player - would be awesome to do this with the ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    connect with itunes through bluetooth is extremely unlikely if u just looked at the like 100 other threads explaining this ^.^ first of all because you would have to apply a patch to itunes and considering itunes is widely popular it has really good security so it would be hard to fool it into thinking that blue tooth connectivity is the same as usb connectivity
  5. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But what if someone made there own iTunes alternative, then would it be possible to connect to this alternative to transfer music and whatnot?
  6. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    There are allready dozens of alternatives ... the most popular one is mediamonkey - You can easily sync your music with that application - as I do because it's much easier to use than itunes
  7. Raggou

Raggou Guest

They already have an app for this called touch hockey it is p2p multiplayer

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. jonny1993

jonny1993 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think that only works through wifi
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    yeah, it wouldnt work through bluetooth i dont think..
  10. Armageda

Armageda New Member

All the things you stated here are in their essence possible, but they will require major development.
    But yes, in theory, they are achievable.