Curious 2G reboot setback...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mphantom93, Dec 6, 2009.

1. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I just got a new iPod Touch 2G and jailbroke it with blackra1n. Twice after I install/change settings and reboots (I haven't tried just a manual reboot, but I doubt it only does it just when it is rebooted by an application automatically) it tells me I need to connect to iTunes. iTunes then proceeds to say that it is in recovery mode and needs to be restored, however, I discovered that if I run it through blackra1n again it just resprings and lets me unlock it and everything is fine.

So here is how it began: I installed Winterboard via Rock and it rebooted my 2G and it tells me I need to connect to iTunes about 1 second after boot logo shows. iTunes then proceeds to say that my 2G is in recovery mode and needs to be restored, however, I discovered that if I run it through blackra1n again it just resprings and lets me unlock it and everything is fine. Well, I decide to change some settings in SBSettings and when it reboots (not sure what I changed to require a reboot) it does it again...

It's not a big deal I don't think but what if I'm not around my computer and need to reboot my iPod? Then my iPod is useless until I can get access to blackra1n.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that means you have a ipod touch 3g and the jailbreak is tethered.
  3. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay, thanks. lol

I was wondering if it could have been a 3G but its 8GB and I heard that only the 16GB and 32GB were actual 3G's. I was wondering why it came with Voice Memo installed. Do you know when it'll be untethered?

4. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    not anytime soon =\
  5. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Dang, that sucks. Thanks for the info!

6. AiPoduser

AiPoduser New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if you have sbsettings already just go and download/install winterboard and when it prompts you do reboots just go into sb settings and click respring and then it will trick your ipod into rebooting and then just open up winterboard and happy theming
  7. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S