Cubic Match + Lite (Put 3D half-cubes together)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Intruder_qc, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Intruder_qc

Intruder_qc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

If people are interested in trying out a new puzzle game that is in 3D you can check out my friend game (which I did some additional programming). Let see if you guys can visualized object in full 3d in your head and figure out the solutions.

Its called Cubic Match and available for the low price of 0.99$ and you can try also the lite version for free.

(he's not registered here yet, so he ask me to post this on his behalf)
    ==============================================

My first game! And I'm proud of it. I come from the special FX movie industry and moving to the gaming world has been quite a challenge. First of all, I didn't know anything about programming! I had to learn Javascript. I used Unity 3D to make Cubic Match. It works very well and the forum community is incredible. Even if we are all competitors we all help each other and there's no way I could have done it without their help. Cubic Match it the proof that you don't need a master degree in computer science to make games for the iPhone. It took me a month to make. Now if I had to redo it it would take half the time because now I know what I'm doing.

I'm one guy working in his basement

Please Register or Log in to view images

About Cubic Match: Cubic Match is a 3D puzzle game. The idea is the align and match two pieces to make a cube. At the first level there's only one cube to make. Then every level adds 2 more cubes. At level 13 you have 25 cubes to make. There are 3 modes. In the easy one the cubes are color coded so it's much easier to figure out which pieces goes with the other one. In the normal mode all the pieces have the same color. In the expert mode the piece's look changes at every level making it more and more challenging. A quick look at this video will make you understand how it works. Cubic Match has a very simple clean interface. It uses FX that you don't usually see in an iPhone game like toon shading, spotlights, specular shader and others.

If you are looking for a first person shooter where you can kill zillions of monsters then Cubic Match is definitively not for you but if you like puzzles then I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Web :
    jungleofsharks.com

Screenshot:

Video clip :
    YouTube - CubicMatch

iTunes link :
    iTunes Store

Cheers,

Robert Rioux
    riouxr [at] gmail.com

==============================================

Btw when he say he work from his basement he means it literally ;-), I went there a few time to help him work on his game .

Thanks for your support!
  2. Intruder_qc

Intruder_qc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great news everyone!!!

Cubic Match version 1.0.2. has finally been approved and have it the AppStore. Its available RIGHT NOW go grab it while it still hot from the oven.

This new version fixed the cube rotation speed problem on the 3GS. Added other code optimization and more importantly its now OS 2.2.1 compatible.

Please let us know if you find any other issue with the new version.

Thanks for your support.
  3. Intruder_qc

Intruder_qc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    PROMOTION

Yes Cubic Mach 2.0 the FULL version is FREE...

But for a LIMITED TIME! (Until nov 10th).

Get it while you can and enjoy all the latest feature that FunnyBob have work hard on. And we would be glad if you will leave your review on the AppStore of what you like about the game what you will like to be improve/new features.

Thanks again for all your support.
  4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    pretty good game, but much too hard!

Edit: I'm slowly understanding the game...