Cry Engine 3

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by InaudibleWhisper, Mar 25, 2009.

1. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For those who don't know Crytek, the developers of Crysis and creators of the Cry Engine have created their new engine, Cry Engine 3, specifically with consoles in mind. The development cost of the engine and the games is simply too high to keep only on PC where it is mostly pirated, so this engine has been tailor made for console gaming. They unveiled it at GDC showing real time footage of the engine running on 360 and PS3 hardware and it looks astounding. See here!

If you're a PC gamer, don't bother coming in here proclaiming how things will always look better for you on your $2000 PC with everything on uber settings. We know. We don't care. This is also a big lol at all the PC gamers bragging that Crysis "could never be done on a 360 or PS3".
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yup, saw this on the crysis website earlier. Immense

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Led

Led Banned

Crysis was always possible for the ps3/360. There would just have to be an intense ammount of tweaking and optimizing which Crytek has obviously done in this demo and done quite well. It will still look better on the pc but doesn't it always? Gaming is changing faster than i can keep up with all these new graphics cards, engines, and Onlive.
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think it looks absolutely amazing on both machines, and I can't wait to play some games based on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. wibble

wibble New Member

Finally some focus on environments other than islands? No way!
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

If developers stop making games for the PC just because of Piracy, they're dumb.

Anyways, Crysis is okay on the PC if you can run it. But on a console? Come on. I hate consoles.
  7. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If they stop making games for the PC altogether maybe, but if they spread their wings and make games multiplatform then no. Right now, any developer with a game like Crysis under their wing sticking to PC and only PC is dumb. In this economic climate developers just can't afford to do such a thing when there is so much money to be had on consoles. If you think Crytek are too financially steady to not be effected by such a thing, you're wrong.

Anyway, what's wrong with consoles? They allow everybody cheap access to groundbreaking games without any hassle.
  8. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

great new engines are always great

so manythings were made with the unreal engine

i love crysis and i hope the engine will be put to good use
  9. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Online for PC is free. I have never had to pay for an online game. Except those retarded MMORPGs. Anyways, I hate consoles because I just don't like analog sticks. It's so much easier to control a mouse.