Crossovers from old Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TechBox, Oct 7, 2010.

1. TechBox

TechBox New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I went to launch Safari today but I accidentally double tapped the icon and poof, it disappeared. A restart brought it back. Here is a little backstory: I have a new iPT4g running the 4.1 firmware. I restored it from the back up of my old iPT2g which was Jailbroken on the 4.0 firmware. The carrier name, that shows up as “iPod” on the iPod Touches was changed to what I had it set to on my 2g as well. This little trick I have found only seems to work with the Safari app. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any other weird things you guys have found?
  2. JLick

JLick Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nope as mine still has fw out the box. Can't bother screwing with anything when official jailbreak is right around the corner...
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That happens when you restore your iPod from a modified (jailbroken) backup.
  4. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    if u restore from a backup, it will bring ur old carrier with it too, idk about the safari app disappearing...
  5. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There's a plist you can edit even without a jailbreak that allows you to hide icons. I imagine this just carried over like carrier name a battery percentage.