Credit card problem with iTunes Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dennythepest, Oct 11, 2007.

1. dennythepest

dennythepest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't really know if I should post this here, but I haven't found any other suitable section here and no one has still answered me, both from the official support and off. forum. So, forgive me in advance. Anyway, here's my problem:

A few days ago I made my first purchase on the iTunes store. I used a visa electron credit card, on which there were 2.85 € (lol I'm rich!). Everything went fine, but when I checked my account, I noticed a red writing warning me that my payment had been refused and that I had to fill in all my data again. I did so, but nothing happened: iTunes still warned me I had 0.99 € to pay. Then I checked out my credit card account and saw that 1.98 € had already been taken from my card! Now I have 0.87 € left, but iTunes still won't "accept" my payment, though I have already paid 1.98 for my song. Tried to contact iTunes support, but didn't receive anything yet. Anyone can help...?

Thank you in advance!
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Try taking a look at this.
  3. dennythepest

dennythepest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you a113524c but that is not my problem. I mean I have the song on my pc but iTunes won't let me pay for it, even though they have already taken 1.98 € from my card!

I've read somewhere that iTunes places a 1 dollar/€ authorization to verify that the credit card is active and then they charge you for the amount of your purchase. Do they have to do extra-charges besides this? Because, if not so, I can't really understand what's wrong... I've been already charged 1.98 € and they still say me I have to pay 0.99 €...