Credit card denied

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by trophynuts, Aug 21, 2010.

1. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

Why does it keep telling me my card is denied...?? Even when i click none it says credit card denied....to make it worse i just went and bought a fifteen dollar itunes card, redeemed it and tried to buy an app and it still wants me to verify billing info which puts me back in the loop of denying everything i put in....what gives????? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr running newest itunes and using with ipod touch , if i try and do it from the ipod i get the same exact results. Someone plx help me cause this is driving me mad.
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Your credit / debit card could have been declined for a number of reasons;

-You have insufficient funds.
    -Your card has been blocked by the provider.
    -You entered the wrong card number, security code or start / expiry date.
    -You have mistyped or entered the wrong billing address or name registered
    to that card.
    -The card has expired.

Or with SOME (NOT ALL) banks now, you have to enter a secure password that you have set when making purchases online (it would come up on another page/window) - you may have also entered this incorrectly. This is to help stop fraud.

If your still been denied, I doubt you bought the iTunes card in the first place. How do you know you purchased it - did it appear on your statement?

Also make sure your entering the right iTunes account password?

Otherwise contact Apple / the bank.

Its kind of difficult to understand your problem from what you have written, and some of the solutions might not be relevant but I have covered most solutions for any iTunes billing / card problems.

Hope this helps,
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

I have sufficient funds
    i tried two diff cards with sufficient funds
    what does it matter if i'm trying to click none for credit card
    i have not entered wrong billing info as i pulled my bank statement and used the address exactly as it is on there
    i bought the itunes card in walmart then came home and redeemed it..it says the credit amount in the top right hand corner.

Im entering the right password cause it has me signed it ,

you doubt i bought the itunes card how do i know i bought it.???

Cause i walked in to the friggin store, handed it to the cashier and paid for it.......

This is a known issue actually if you read the forums on apple's website a lot of people are having this problem but no one on there knows a solution...i was hoping to find one here.

4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, I wasn't sure whether you bought in in store.
    Very strange problem, contact Apples iTunes billing department.
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

Is there a phone number for that? Don't think so , i think the only way you get support is by emailing them....how do i know this ? Cause i just called customer service at apple and the guy told me that since its an internet based application there is only internet based support....thanks apple.

6. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yes, I believe iTunes / billing support is only available via email - but from my experiences they usually reply within 24 hours and otherwise definitely within 48 hours.

However I have also phoned before and explained an iTunes problem, and he has put me on hold and spoke to someone in that department (it was regarding billing), so I all think it depends on who it is and what mood there in.

But I would go for the email option.
  7. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    i have had the same problem, i could not make any purchase, i ended up just changeing the credit card from Visa to none
  8. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Misleading material
    just put in the card instead of doing no card

[edit by bgizzle: don't post useless "help" like this if you haven't read the first post carefully]
  9. daisymax

daisymax New Member

insufficient funds in your card has expired your billing address does not match bank records Visa or MasterCard is the last three digits of the credit card printed in the signature box on the back of the card AMEX is 4-digit number printed above and right of the number of credit card front of card.
  10. alenmcmilan

alenmcmilan New Member

I think you should have to first inform your bank credit card person. otherwise you can help of some main credit reporting agencies like..

Equifax
    Experian (formerly TRW)
    Trans Union
    Fair Isaac