creator of greatest apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by the goat, Mar 13, 2008.

1. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well i was wondering, like could the creator of iphysics, customize, smbprefs, dock, and loads of other great apps for the ipod touch make the same things maybe even better!) for the sdk. id love to have customize, smb, iphysics and loads more great apps legally from the app store. i really dont mind if they put a price on the apps, id pay up to £2 for the apps. id LOVE i f they were free. please could you make them via the sdk. oh, and if you have a pc, then, well...i dunno but you have to do that
  2. sandrodz

sandrodz New Member

I don't like that idea of every app going through itunes store... that means we will have to pay, and people with credit cards in not supported countries will have to stick around jb method.
  3. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But they said most of them are going to be free. I know they want the money , but I'm sure no one is going to download if it's a lot of money.
    1 person likes this.
  4. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's true, but then you can sell your apps, that you buy in other countries for a lot more..

Yes I know It's Illegal
  5. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what if they make all of the apps free? and just get the $99 from donations. that would work. because my ipot isnt jailbroken, and i dont plan to have it jb'ed and id love to have all of those great apps on it legally without crashing and causing mayhem!
  6. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the problem is the policy of apple is pretty strict concerning the app that will be allowed on the app store. even the SDK is missing important features that you can find in the keychain that developpers use right now to make new apps.

using the SDK you can not make your app running in the background so I think this will break a lot of applications we have right now with jailbroken ipod.
    for example you change your theme using summerboard....yeah great but as soon as you close summerboard it goes back to the default theme.

I am not sure if summerboard works like this but just to give an idea.
    Maybe things will change a little bit with the final release of the SDK, because it is only a beta we have right now (not including the interface builder) but I am confident that many good apps will remain with the jailbreak community.
  7. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what so you mean that they wont 'accept' stuff like smb and customize?? theyd better accept them!!
    i believe the creator of customize, is 'thespicychicken' search it on google and click on the 1st link. he said hell distibut it in itunes for $1 thats a bargain!! i just found this out. im in england and itd be about 50p, and i said id pay up to £2 for the appps! this is great. also i think that the iphysics creator said he will also sell it for $1. im not sure who it is, but i heard some rumors
  8. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    any ideas??
  9. Juni44ever

Juni44ever Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apps trought APP Store in iTunes might be a nice idea, because even the non-jbken iPots would have sthe same apps and the creators of the apps would get at least some money if they sell it instead of giving them for free. Anyway, who give 250€ for an iPot can give 50 cent for the app creators, right?
  10. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    exxactly, thats what i say, youve payed like £200 for the damn thing, cant you afford an extra £10 or something??