Creating theme ISSUE

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paulpp, Mar 12, 2009.

1. paulpp

paulpp Member

Hi Guys i recently created a small theme just to test it out and to make sure it all worked.
    I followed instructions from a good tutoiral on this forum and alli did was replaced the apple logo with my own picture, i saved it coorectly (right name, right extension etc...)
    Once i placed this into winterboard through SSH and then applied it onto my itouch 2g the wheel came on as usaual but this time it kept spinning i couldnt do anything, beacuse at this time it was theared JB i couldnt do anything to boot it back up and had to use different methods to restore it to non-JB

Can anyone help meon how to apply these themese correctly, or am i doing something wrong?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

are you sure you put the images in the correct folders? and is your strings file unedited?

i guess the only thing to do is to go into DFU mode and restore.

in the iPod Touch Customization board, you will find some tuts on how to properly make themes. you can use those tuts while your waiting for you iPod to restore.
  3. i-d1ckies

i-d1ckies Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    What exactly are you trying to theme? Instead of restoring you can use a program called iFunBox to view the ipod's files via usb even when it's in a endless refresh state. Once you open it up copy the original file of the thing you were theming into it's proper place. That's what i do when i'm making fonts for fontswap and they load wrong, it seems like your problem is the same with the endless spinning. How you got it with a theme from winterboard i have no idea.
  4. paulpp

paulpp Member

i followed the tut right but there was one section where the person descirbed it vaugilly, it hink that messed it up

ill follow more advanced ones next time ;D