Creating Separate Photo Albums

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fatfrank, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used "search" but couldn't find any previous threads/posts addressing this issue.

Currently I created a separate Folder containing photos I wanted to sync with my IPOT. Within this folder I created subfolders categorizing the photos. However, when I use ITUNES to sync I still wind up with just one "Photo Album" containing all my photos.

How can I sync/create separate "Photo Albums" to my IPOT?
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

it did this to mine when i put some walls in a jailbreak folder and ended up with all these summerbaord icons in my library but idk a fix for this
  3. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol

LOL; there must be a reason my Apple labeled it "Photo Albums" with 7 separate lines on the first photo screen so I'm assuming you can have 7 or more different photo albums
  4. spagbol46

spagbol46 New Member

The best way to do this is to make a whole new folder on your computer called 'copy to ipod' within this folder make new folders for each different album you want on your ipod. fill these albums with the pictures you would like. Then when you go into itunes then photos just find the 'copy to ipod' folder and this should create the albums for you. (You have to copy the whole folder with the other albums inside)
  5. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thx

Thx, but I did this and my IPOT is still just showing all photos in one group instead of separating them into different albums per the original subfolder titles

Please Register or Log in to view images

I did notice after my sync, when I went back to my original photo folder in my computer, there is now a new folder titled "IPOD photo cache" with 50 subfolders labeled F1 all the way to F50?.
  6. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    still can't create separate photo albums within Ipod Touch; anyone?
  7. Happyhow

Happyhow New Member

Here's what worked for me:

1: On my C Drive I created an iPodtouch masterfolder

2: That folder includes one that I entitled Photo Albums and for what it's worth, a few other folders where I hold my non-music MP3 files (e.g.Jean Shepherd)

3: I forget now, and how... but when iTunes asked, I pointed it to these two files. or at least to the Photo Albums file

4: Within my Photo Albums folder each slide show's jpegs ate contained in their own seperate and named folder (e.g. Autumn Leaves)

5: iiTunes then -- on its own !

* Created its own iPod Photo Cache folder within Photo Albums that I assume includes pointers to all the photos in all my photo folders -- a bit like an over-arching Playlist

* So now, iTunes has my iTouch Photos Home Page entitled "Photo Albums" (my name) ... where it lists every folder contained in "Photo Albums"... begining with their folder entitled (Photo Library) amd then my own folders (my names) in Alpa Order.

Seems to work fine.

PS: May I suggest that you resize all you images to the iPod aspect ratio and fill its screen.
  8. Nokturnal

Nokturnal New Member

Ok, I started out with the main "Photo Library" on my touch, which I had added some photos to. Wanting to create a new album, I foud this thread, and created the "Master floder" in which I added the individual album folders. That all worked fine as the new album show up after the sync. The problem I have is that the Origina "Photo Library" album is there as well. Ho do I remove this album?
    Thanks and Cheers
    ~Nok~
  9. Nokturnal

Nokturnal New Member

I see.. I think it's the photo cashe that's showing as the "Photo Library" on the pod. That folder has has all of the pics from each album. Is there a way to not have this show?
  10. phughesphoto

phughesphoto New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HappyNow?

Thank you very, very much for your help!

I can actually see my very own folders within the Sunflower folder named "Photos!" I should send you a box of chocolates for Valentine's

Day to show my sincere appreciation as I was about to start pulling my hair out and shaving the cat to express my misery!

Paula
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.