Creating Preferences.app Bundles?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Apple Guy, May 16, 2008.

1. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I was wondering how to create a Preference Bundle for the iPhone or iPod touch. My problem is I made a Preferences hack/mod/whatever that extended the function of the preferences application immensely. But I want to get it hosted on BigBoss's repo.

There are 2 versions of this Extended Preferences, one including the MobileScrobbler preferences and one without. And also something that makes it so you can modify what happens when you double tap the home button. BigBoss wants this to be in one package to install. I would have this accomplished with Installer detecting if you have MobileScrobbler installed and then half way through the installation it asks you if you want to be able to customize the double tap home button shortcut. But BigBoss says that he can't do this because it isn't compatible with Cydia. So I am going to do it with either a Preference Bundle or a installer that just installs my Extended Preferences thing.

If you could tell me how to make a Preference Bundle that allows the user to Respring, copy, and delete files.
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)