Creating or Modifying Applications?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ItzBlood, Jan 11, 2008.

1. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

I am currently running XP Pro, if that information is needed. I want to know how to create/modify applications for the iPod Touch. I have been searching since 4:00 pm EST. Still i've found nothing. So if anyone wants to spread the information to me I would appreciate it. All I need to know is how to open the Application folder so I can edit it. So please help me. Anything I add or edit will be added on this forums. :\ Please help fast!
  2. thebusdriver

thebusdriver New Member

its not that easy... You have to know objective c, python, php or whatever computer language the the app is written in. Once you have knowledge of that, you have to build the toolchain so you can compile your apps. Takes a LONG time to learn all of that if you dont already. If you want to start. I would say learn objective C, since all of the 1st party apps are written in that.
  3. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

I have the knowlage of computer language and scripting. I just mainly want to modify TTR to make it better. The sad thing is, I don't know how to open the file. I've tried my programs... Not happening. So if you can tell me what program I need to open TTF(Tap Tap Revolution) that would be great.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. thebusdriver

thebusdriver New Member

hmm not too sure. You could try to make a thread in the development section asking for the source of ttr.
  5. ItzBlood

ItzBlood New Member

So no one knows...?
  6. eternal404

eternal404 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The app must be compiled, so you wont be able to open it directly. You'll need the source from the developer.
  7. sk8erjonath

sk8erjonath New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try inverse engeneering
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you mean "reverse engineering" not inverse.

Anyways, that's not necessary - the program is open-source. Just go here and if you scroll down it indicates where you can point your SVN client to get the source. Further discussion, however, should be in the development forum.