Creating Links in WinSCP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lensflare, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay, so I am one of the few...well, only people I know so far that have gotten the new screenshot app, Capture, onto 1.1.1. Problem is, I'm having trouble linking to get the Camera Roll correct. I have Camera Roll, but it takes the pictures from /private/var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE instead of from
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE where the Capture app places the screenshots. I've tried what everyone said on the page's debut:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47967&page=5

But none of these methods worked. I tried Respringing, restarting, countless number of link combinations, looked at how the other system files were linked, and so on. I could not get it, and when I thought I was doing it right, it says:

General failure (server should provide error description).
    Error code: 4
    Error message from server: Failure
    Request code: 20

Needless to say, I'm a bit frustrated. I'd use ScreenShot, but it's been the cause of all of my restores.

Thanks for your time,
    Lensflare
  2. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just as a side note (and excuse for a bump), is there a way to create this link using putty or another windows-based command-line FTP client? I know it's been done (such as creating the link to the moved Applications folder to save space), I just don't know if it's done for this purpose.

Thanks!