Creating Games

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by kapop, Dec 3, 2007.

1. kapop

kapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey im thinking anout becomeing a developer because i got lots of free time and dont know what to do so i was just wondering if another developer could teach me how to develop a game.
  2. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    same here i would love to know how to do this
  3. MiG™

MiG™ New Member

Firstly, if your creating anything half decent, you need to look up OpenGL ES, as this is the platform that the iPod creates fancy graphics.

Once you've done that, you need to get a solid understanding of Objective C, although I think starting with C++ would be better as the syntax of Obj C is horrific.

Then the rest is really for yourself to figure out. There are plently of tutorials for things on the web, such as collision detection, rendering sprites.

Its not easy and I would not recommend just trying to make a game with little or no programming experience.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

My two thoughts on Syntax:

While at first it's confusing as hell (coming from a C++ background), after a few days of pouring over source code, you come to realize that it is very similar and not nearly as bad as it first looks. It's not all that bad when you actually look at it.
  5. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Ive got a working toolchain, and compiled helloworld with no errors.
    What I need now is a simple way to plot graphics. I dont want 3d or anything complex, just a pixel/line plot etc.
    Does anybody have any simple example code I can examine?
  6. marvo

marvo New Member