Creating and publishing questions

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Bulbuzor, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok, I want to start creating apps. I have some great ideas for apps (even some plans

). I know some about certain languages so I do have a little base. But my problem is, I have Windows and don't have 100$ to spend on iTune for an account, 200$ is already a good amount I think (for my Touch)
    So here is what I'm wondering.

What are all the programs out there for windows? (I only know about Cygwin, are there any others?)
    Those these (or Cygwin) work the same way as the "official" one for Mac? (same language etc)

(now it's getting more for long term)
    If I want to publish on Cydia for example, would it worth it or should I better find a way to publish on iTunes? (what would be the rate of download for an app Cydia (maybe I could also publ. it on both Icy and Rock?)/iTunes?
    Is it possible to publish it on iTunes with certain company? Or just a friend who has an account (like sending him script etc)

Can't wait to get an answer

Regards,
    Nikola
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you are not fluent in Obj-C, the easiest way is to use the Interface Builder, which you can only get on Mac OS X. Also, you need to pay the 100$ to be able to put your applications on the official app store. If you dont have 100$, you can always contact saurik and have your app released on Cydia.

Cygwin is not the same as the official SDK, the SDK is lightyears better. If you can gt your hands on a mac, or a friends mac, i would suggest you do so.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you're proficient in Objective-C, you don't need to rely on the tools of the SDK. Also, UI elements created in IB are nothing without solid program logic.
  4. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I know, this is why I'm asking questions for Cydia/Cygwin, 'cause I can't spend 100$ to be able to publish, and I don't own a mac

Is there only Cygwin that works for Windows? What's the language he's using?

5. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cygwin is the same, Objective-C.
    Soon, you will be able to use the Flash Development Environment to build native iPhone Applications (.IPA), which might be better suited to you sionce it's a full blown Enviroment, not just a command line compiler and stuff.

However it's probably just the "Pro" versions that will have this feature and you will still need the $100 to get your apps into the appstore.
  6. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ah ok thats nice. So I actually could build up my app on Cyg, send sprites and codes to a buddy who has the stuff needed to publish on iTunes and he publish for me?

Flash is a very cool stuff but I think I'll stick to Cyg

Does anyone knows a ratio (approx) of downloads an app would fet app store/cydia?
  7. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  8. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  9. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    appstore / cydia

A lot / a little
  10. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there a way to make an app on cydia and transfer a MAC friend who'll put it on the appstore?