Creating a LockScreenWallpaper Fileset?

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by techninja, Aug 8, 2008.

1. techninja

techninja New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    I've tried SSHing into my iPod to see how the other designers downloaded their custom filesets onto my device, but I can't seem to find the answer there or on the web.

Basically what I'm trying to do is create my own custom filesets so I can easy change my Lock Screen Wallpaper without creating a whole custom theme, just to go to:
    Customize Images/Sounds > Wallpaper > LockScreenWallpaper

It's just not worth the effort even if it IS just one file (well, 2 if you include the Info.plist file). It would take me hours to make that many folders and edit all the .plist files.

Also, it makes Customize unorganized (the 100s of fake theme folders will show up on my list, forcing me to scroll through them all just to get to one of the REAL themes on my iTouch.

I'm all for convenience and that's basically why I need to learn how to do this kinda stuff.

I just need to know how to create the fileset. I DON'T however need to learn how to make it available through customize. For copyright reasons, I cannot do that with the wallpapers I have, even if I wanted to they're all from one of Cydia's WP Packages. Just letting you know so you don't type more than is necessary (which is basically what I've done with this post).

I have an intermediate/advanced knowledge of computers (I couldn't make my own iPod Touch app, though), so hit me with your best shot.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks a bunch!