Created beats not working? Fix!

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by Heathen, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Heathen

Heathen New Member

I've been searching the internet over looking for a way to make my created beats in TTR show up in the iTunes Playlist where other users have also created beats. I've seen many tutorials on how to transfer the songs in the Music folder and record your own beat for offline use, but that's really just side stepping the problem. Here's how I fixed it; was just a simple case of permissions.

Install Finder if you don't already have it. Go to the TTR/Taps/iTunes folder. Modify it so that the permissions for Read/Write/Exec are enabled. When you create a new beat it will put a folder under TTR/Taps/iTunes with the band name.

ex: TTR/Taps/iTunes/Mudvayne

Modify the new folder to have the same permissions as above. Create a beat again and it should then have a folder with the song name under the band.

ex: TTR/Taps/iTunes/Mudvayne/A%20World%20So%20Cold

What to do here? Yep, time to modify again. Set the permissions to Read/Write/Exec and create the beat one last time. If all goes right, once TTR exits to the home screen the beat you created should now be in the iTunes Library.

I tested this with an 8gb iPhone running 1.1.4 firmware and TTR 1.6. Would probably be faster to create the folders with the permissions already set and SSH them onto your iPod/iPhone but I didn't have WiFi available to test that.
  2. Meher

Meher New Member

hey guy
    thanks for the tutorial...
    ive created a beat in another way, and i can play it...
    but they are in Downloaded Tracks...

Is there anyway to put into iTunes Library folder in TTR?

i've created a folder with the band name e.g Metallica
    then another folder inside that on named e.g One
    and insite this One folder, ive put the One.tap file...

i change the permission of that file, but still "Sorry, no matches to your itunes library" or something like that

do u know how to fix?

Thanks =]
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    All right cool thanks!
  4. omegadk1

omegadk1 New Member

for my ipod touch, I can't figure out how to get into folders and stuff.
  5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Than u, i alredy knew this this is helpful for others
  6. Van Helsing

Van Helsing New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's ridiculous how you have to create the beat three times, AND use a different app to help TTR along.

All TTR needs to do is create folders with the correct permissions. It's that simple, yet it hasn't been fixed yet.
  7. ZtevenX

ZtevenX New Member

will try later thanks!!