Crazy Idea that just mite work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MajorTruSkill, Jul 29, 2010.

1. MajorTruSkill

MajorTruSkill New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright I have a good idea that might convince Apple to start signing the 3.1.X software again.... If we all provided feedback to Apple listing reasons why downgrading should be allowed, they might allow it again to please the community. I know it sounds crazy but there's nothing to lose by simply posting feedback. I personally have posted feedback twice on the situation.

I cant post a link to the feedback but GOOGLE "Apple Feedback"

Also if there is a thread like this sorry I didnt see it and sorry if its in wrong section.
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well, I doubt that this would work as Apple have made their minds up and they want customers to be upgrading and to move forwards - not the other way round.

There may be nothing to loose by sending feedback, but I doubt it would change their minds as im sure many people have emailed about 3.1.X firmaware downgrades already.
  3. avikar1

avikar1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You think Apple will pull a Microsoft? heck no.
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple wants everyone to move with the times, they don't want to keep supporting old firmwares. Its also a handy jailbreak prevention for new devices before a jailbreak is released for a new firmware. Its not gonna happen im afraid
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmn...

@avikar1: What is bad about "pulling a Microsoft" - At least Microsoft cares about their customers and wants to help them even thou they don't buy their newest OS or a stronger PC, unlike Apple does.

@AB2T: Apple won't do this because they know that previous versions of iOS are already breakable. So no, that won't change a sh anything.