Crashing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jeebwise, Oct 21, 2007.

1. jeebwise

jeebwise New Member

Is anyone else haveing issues with the summerbored thing. Soon after I installed it everything started crashing and now that I removed it I am able to post this. Is this a known problem. Or will I see this issue soon again if I don't shut my iPod down every so often.
  2. Blonderator

Blonderator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had the exact same problem. I got like 2 replies to my thread, and nobody else had the same problem, so my thread died.

After I completely restored my iPod touch (Pain in the ass, took like 3 hours to completely re-jaibreak, put all my apps back on, and re-sync) I no longer had crashing issues, and I then proceeded installing summerboard. It now crashes rarely, but not every minute or so like before.

Also, the crashing frequency increased after installing the BSD Subsystem.
  3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm. I got my iPod Touch yesterday and within 2 minutes of getting it out of the box I jailbroke it and installed a bunch of apps. I don't know how the thing actually runs without the jailbreak. I've noticed some random crashes, nothing consistent..sometimes when I play a video, or go into the photos slideshow it'll crap out. Are these behaviors due to the Summerboard app? I also installed the BDS subsystem to allow me to use Apollo.
  4. gloomy50

gloomy50 New Member

I have been having the same problem. I've only really noticed it since installing the new installer app version, so I thought that might have something to do with it. At one point it was so bad I was tempted to restore my iPod. If anyone figures this out I would love to know the answer.
  5. mkummer

mkummer New Member

I would say, that my Touch crashes after the installation of Summerboard more then before. It is always the same.: for some time all goes well - I open some Safari pages, i look into maps and so on and after that, the Touch tends to crash. After some crashes, the Touchs rests itself and the things works fine for some time again. Looks like this is the bargain for having more fun on the touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

mk
  6. spoolin

spoolin New Member

Mine crashes quite a bit... Drives me up the wall. Especially when I'm speaking to clients and trying to book dates into Calendar and it crashes when you have typed in a heap of information.

I find though, that if I close all other applications and only have one app open at a time, there is less chance of things crashing... but it still does happen...

Hopefully there will be a fix sooner or later...
    I will have a iPhone by tomorrow. Will jailbreak that and see if it crashes...

Chris.
  7. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Interesting I've done all the mods you guys have and mine hasn't crashed once...I hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that!!
  8. jleetj

jleetj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I also experienced constant crashing when I first jailbreaked and installed Summerboard...after restoring and re-jailbreaking without Summerboard, it's rock solid...
  9. adamsweeting

adamsweeting New Member

I've had the same problem after installing SummerBoard.
    It doesn't crash if I don't install SummerBoard, and use Trip1PogoStick for 3rd party apps.

I think we can safely say it's a SummerBoard issue.

I've restored so many times now, and everytime it crashes with SB. I'm really annoyed as I really like having a background pic.

If you can live without the wallpaper, then go with Trip1PogoStick instead.
    I thought that maybe this issue would have gone away with the new version of SummerBoard - but no!
  10. spoolin

spoolin New Member

You guys are right.

I just un-installed Summerboard and it seems to be fixed!
    I miss my custom background.... but I will try and live without it.

Makes it so much more stable.

Please Register or Log in to view images