Crashing issues with iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ralliart12, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi fellows. Recently, my iPod Touch has its 1st crash.

It occurred when I launched Crayon Golf for the 1st time. The game just kinda "exited" back to the springboard's wallpaper, but the icons were not loaded. Subsequent panicky Home/wake button presses fail to "trigger" the device to working mode. It wasn't until ~5mins later that the device decides to auto-reboot.

My best guess as to what occurred was the device was trying to latch onto a WiFi network at ard the same moment Crayon Golf was launching, possibly resulting in buffer overflow & when the overflow/stack was too much, that was the saving grace, i.e. triggerring the iPod into an auto-reboot.

However, my key point here is, do u fellows experiences odd hungs(freezing) & the occasional auto-reboot as well? Possibly when loading memory-intensive apps? How do u handle those crashes? Any post-recovery procedures? Restore or continue using, ignoring the crash?

P.S. is there anyway on the iPod Touch where I can find memory dumps.logs of its crashes, if the Touch does log its own crashes?
  2. TitanKid4Life

TitanKid4Life New Member

the same thing has been happening to me a lot lately, I think that I am going to have to restore it because I have no idea what is going on with it. It just crashes when I am going into the music player or evn opening a web page... Its very frustrating
  3. toehead

toehead New Member

No crashing here. (knock on wood)