Crashes/loclups with 1.1.2 - usually in Safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steaky, Feb 28, 2008.

1. steaky

steaky New Member

Hi, Ive been having this problem for a while, just tollerating it. Ive searched for some ideas on how to fix it, but I havent come across much.

I have a 8gb jailbroken to 1.1.2

It will lockup with I do the double tap at the top of the screen, to quickly scroll up to the top of web pages. Also, when pressing the back button it seems to do this also.

Ive tried to uninstall apps that I dont really use much, hoping it would be a conflict with an app, but not luck. I also uninstalled summerboard but that did not help. This was one suggestion I found.

Any suggestions on how to figure this out?

Im at the point where I might just upgrade to 1.1.4 not jailbroken to see how that works in terms of stability, and worry about jailbreaking latter. I honestly just use the thing for music and occasional web browsing right now. jailbreak is something I can live without for a few weeks until this gets sorted out.
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    1.1.4 is much more reliable than 1.1.2 so I suggest you upgrade (i recommend a shift + restore after downloading the firmware to have minimal issues) to 1.1.4 and then since you have an 8gig touch jailbreak with Ziphone which takes 3 mins max and is guaranteed o work. And that will most defenitly solve your problem and give you an even fastre safari experience.
  3. steaky

steaky New Member

yeah I just did the 1.1.4 upgrade. Im going to try it witout jailbreak for a few days to see how it goes.

But Ive already noticed the safari problem when I double tap the top bar to do the quick scroll up to the top of a page, its still crashing. I have to reboot the iPod, its not just Safari dumping back to the home screen.

Anyone else have this issue?
  4. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've had safari freeze up 1 or 2, and mine does crash back to summerboard more often though.
  5. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hmm I've never had that problem. Is it cerain websites that do that? or is it with everthing
  6. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I hope there's a solution cause safari crashing is really damn annoying
  7. steaky

steaky New Member

It seems to freeze up with anything.

In fact, it also does this in Installer too. you can double tap at the top of the screen after scrolling down a bit.

I havent used safari too much since upgrading so I dont know how it handles other sites right now.

It would crash a lot with digg.com though.