Crashed?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mx16m, Oct 21, 2007.

1. mx16m

mx16m New Member

I turned on my iPod, and went to music and it tells me that there are no songs. I go to videos, it tells me theres no videos, theres no photos, no nothing!!! It left my internet history and thats about it. I go on itunes to restore it and it tells me that I cant. It gives me some error that says I cant restore it. PLEASE help me. thank you

PS: Its a 16 gig ipod touch, and im using windows vista. I did plug my ipod into a windows xp computer before and it was fine, maybe its vista?
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

When you plugged your iPod into the other computer iTunes didn't start did it?

Did you click the yes when it asked if you wanted to associate with the computer?
  3. mx16m

mx16m New Member

i already had itunes open, it didnt ask me if i wanted to associate the ipod with my computer
  4. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Maybe a stupid question ... is iTunes installed on the Vista PC?
  5. mx16m

mx16m New Member

yes itunes is installed
  6. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    force it into resore mode
  7. sagsi

sagsi New Member

And you are up-to-date on your Vista (Windows Update) maintenance ... as well as running 7.4.3 of iTunes on the Vista PC?
  8. mx16m

mx16m New Member

how?

yes

EDIT: i should probably add that i earlier tried adding touchfree to my ipod and the program kept saying "not responding" in the middle of it so i kinda just stopped that
  9. sagsi

sagsi New Member

And you have re-booted the Vista PC since doing some/all/any of this ... try re-booting the PC just to be sure.

Oh ... then RESTORE (the iPod) and re-start Jailbreak as it seems that was what you were really going for!
  10. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I assume this happened straight after Jailbreaking your Touch?? If so the jailbreak was not successfull, you still have the music and videos on there but are unable to see it; you can just force a restore and then use the NEW version of the touchfree to jailbreak your touch but loose all the music and videos or you could try the manual 74 steps just start at number one check this thread http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786. Hope that helps