[CRASH] Windows 7 crashes when iPod is plugged in

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FrankZ0509, Jan 23, 2010.

1. FrankZ0509

FrankZ0509 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    So here's the thing, whenever I plug in/connect any iPod to my computer running Windows 7, it crashes. Yes, even my dad's Nano 2G makes my PC crash, and yes ofc, my iPod touch 2G makes it crash.

HOWEVER: When I fire up my dualboot'ed Linux Mint and plug in my iPT2g there, it does not crash. So conclusively, it isn't a hardware problem, but a software-related one. Do note however that my iPT2g is detected as a Camera on Linux. Not a webcam, but a digital camera -- it can open the DCIM folder and show the 999APPLE folder inside, and the files inside.

I have no idea why Windows 7 crashes when I plug my iPod in. Not a bit. This started happening a few days ago, when I installed Linux Mint on dualboot (though I highly doubt there's any connection there).

By crash, I mean a full BSOD showing a physical memory dump, and then a complete system halt and hard restart. Upon reboot, Windows 7 shows a 'Windows has recovered from a serious crash.' message or something like that.

I tried disabling the iPod Service to no avail.

Anybody have a suggestion?

------------------double post merged------------------
    Never mind, I have isolated the problem with a kernel issue conflicting with the iPod drivers and the anti virus I'm using. Close please.