Crash crash crash

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drslippyfist, Nov 13, 2009.

1. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Ok let's star with the fact that I'm a dumb newbie old guy, so please bear with me and any advice you smarties could give me please make it simple.

I have a 32gb iPod 3G running 3.1.2(7D11). I jailbroke my iPod with the first blackrain that was available for the iPod 3G. I downloaded a few things from the rock store and had no problems. Then the other day I upgraded my iTunes from 9.0 to 9.0.2 or whatever the latest version is. Once I did this I started having problems with my upgrades on the iPod itself. It would tell me that I had lime 6 apps to upgrade and then when I did it would not register and it would still show those app as needing to update. Then when I would update through iTunes I would still have the same problems and even on the iTunes side it would do the same thing but with different apps.
    Then the other day I opened up the rock store,which I have not done in awhile and it sId that one of my apps needed to be updated. It was one of those ssh or ssl apps. It then said that it had to be rebooted and that's when it just killed my iPod not allowing me to tether jailbreak again either. So I had to restore my iPod and jailbreak it again. I did this with no problem and I used the spotlight without problem. Then I went and downloaded a few things from the rock store.
    A package called steffwize or something like that
    ssl or sll or ssh or shh or whatever that one is
    and mixtube
    that was it. Now when I hit the spotlight button the iPod just kind of fizzles out and crashes to the recovery screen. Forcing me to jailbreak again. It has to be something that I am downloading from the rock store but I'm only downloading common programs.
    Is anyone else having these issue or is does anyone know anyone. Please help me out if you can. Thanks
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I use all of those programs without issue except for stefwize. All I could suggest is that that program is causing it. Also, you might want to fix your device info. It says 2g iPod.