iOS 4.0 Crappy multitasking

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jrdnkasparek, Aug 18, 2010.

1. jrdnkasparek

jrdnkasparek Member

Ok,now I know they turned off the option of what double tapping the home button does on ipod touchs(32gb and 64gb)and iphone 3gs/4
    for multitasking so why is it when i double tap the home button, it takes me to spotlight search,

Please Register or Log in to view images

or if im in an app it takes me to the homescreen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

(sometimes)

Anyone else have this issue?
  2. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

It seems quite possible to me that it's just a problem with your Home button. It may not be correctly registering that you have double clicked the home button.
    Just to check whether that's the problem: does it take you to the Spotlight search no matter which Home screen you're on (if you only have one, create a second one temporarily to check it), or does it take you back to the first home screen?

EDIT: Just making sure, you do have iOS4 right?
  3. rykah

rykah Member

This happens to me all the time. Either press down a bit harder, or double-press it faster.
  4. jrdnkasparek

jrdnkasparek Member

i do have ios4, my ipod is fairly new( got it in april),
    i have about 5 pages of apps and it only takes me to spotlight if im on the first home page, if im in an app and i double tap the button as fast as I can it takes me to the homescreen( again sometimes), but there is no reason why i should have push hard and fast on the button to get to multitasking, I think there should be an option just to turn off going to spotlight search by pressing the home button and just use the homescreen to get to it
  5. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Jailbreak (if you can) download Activator and make multitasking a short hold on the Home button.
  6. jrdnkasparek

jrdnkasparek Member

sorry i wont jailbreak my ipod
  7. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    That's actually hysterical, you're on a forum that 100% supports jailbreaking, and you won't jailbreak you're iPod even thought its so simple a roach can do it. But hey, its your choice..

Anyway, youre either not pressing the Home button hard enough, or fast enough. Try Harder.
  8. jrdnkasparek

jrdnkasparek Member

there is no reason why i should have to press the button so hard just to get it to work
  9. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

If you believe it is defective, take it into an Apple store.
  10. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    It's 100% safe, won't void your warranty (as long as you restore to Apple's firmware), and best of all, it's LEGAL. Jailbreaking allows you to do much, much more with your device. I don't see why you wouldn't utilize that possibility.