crap buildup on iPod touch frame

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by in/flux, Mar 17, 2008.

1. in/flux

in/flux New Member

there has been a buildup of very noticable crap at the bottom of my iPod's frame between the frame and the glass. I tried pushing it out with a needle but it's not working. I'm a clean person so I don't know how this happened. Can anyone suggest any ideas on how to get this crap out of the frame?
    thanks!
  2. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Stop taking your ipod to the bathroom.
  3. in/flux

in/flux New Member

Lol not that kind of crap.
    I thought perhaps my trying to get the stuff out with the needle damaged the edges of the glass and frame... :'(
  4. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Let the crap buildup stay there lol. Cleaning it around with a needle might damage it, so if I were you I wouldn't use that. Try more like a needle covered with a soft lens cloth; who knows, might even work

Please Register or Log in to view images

or just let it stay there.. does it bother you that much?

5. Firespray

Firespray Banned

Yeah I have the same thing, it usually gets in there when you wipe the screen with a cloth, sometimes you can accidentally sweep lint and dust into that crack and get it stuck in there

6. DTRocker

DTRocker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    A small needle is all that really is gonna work umm the only other thing I can suggest is u go buy one of those air cans that are used to clean out computer cases or keyboards an such to blow the dust out with high pressure air JUST D O NOT HOLD THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN other wise u get liquid that comes out and may damage your iPod maybe even hold the little straw they give u and hold the tip closed a bit to help focus the air in to the crack.... Though realize this may lodge lint in the crack or dust under the screen so just a notice there