Cradlepoint CTR350 3G Mobile Router

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by on2maui, Jul 11, 2009.

1. on2maui

on2maui New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Will this mobile router allow me to get wifi with my 2nd gen. Ipod touch w/3G anywhere? I don't own a cellphone with a data plan and would prefer not to. Does anyone know of a better piece of equipment that will fulfill my wifi need?
    Thanks in advance to all that respond!
  2. Thirteen-Ten

Thirteen-Ten New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cradlepoint routers are routers, they are not an immediate access point. You need to have a cell phone that has a data plan and is capable of tethering in order to use one. They simply connect to your phone via micro USB or what ever port your phone has on it and dials in on your cell phones data plan. It will take the data connection and emit a wifi signal with it.

If you are looking for something that will emit a wifi signal without adding a data plan to your cell phone, look into the Mifi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot from Verizon Wireless. Its basically the Cradlepoint router without the need for a cell phone on a data plan. Although, you will need to pay for a service plan for the Mifi Hotspot.
  3. ninetoes

ninetoes New Member

I have a Cradlepoint 350 router I use with my sprint usb data card. It works good but you need a data plan $60 a month, I have internet in my car from Michigan all the way to Tennesse. I use with my hp notebook, my mac and with my touch 2g at the same time.

ninetoes
  4. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was looking at the travel one, but there are a few things that make this worthless...

1. I don't liked getting raped every month.

2. Batt life on the router along with lugging around the adapter would make portability pretty much worthless (Portable as in... carrying it in my pocket to get either or both sterile and cancer).

3. Oh yeah... and I don't like getting raped in the ass every month.