cracking WEP wifi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gidday, Nov 20, 2007.

1. gidday

gidday New Member

i read somewhere that this is easy to do, i have some one using WEP around my house that i can detect through my touch, can someone please let me know how i can hack into and use there connection?
    cheers
  2. crimsonangel

crimsonangel New Member

YOu do know that's basically stealing, and you could get in some trouble if you were to get caught. Not to mention its extremly easy to detect.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) Please search. This has been discussed many times.
    2) What you are asking for can't be done on an iPod.
    3) What you are asking for is illegal.
    4) PLEASE search.
  4. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

It is stealing, but if people think that WEP is secure enough then they kind of deserve to get hacked. It only takes 45 seconds to generate a key to crack WEP passwords.

(Which brings to mind everyone to use WPA not WEP passcodes for your wireless routers)

Also don't think that just using SSID as your password is good enough. That's just as easy to crack as WEP if you don't have a passcode attached to it. The best combination for a home router is SSID Broadcast off, WPA Personal TKIP. You can go more secure, but it gets trickier and depending on the router you have can be incompatible with your wireless hardware.
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

And if you have a regular lock on your door, and not a deadbolt. You deserve to be robbed.