cracked screen!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jag09, May 10, 2008.

1. jag09

jag09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont ever have my ipod touch in my pocket and the other night i left it on the charger before i left for school in the morning and there was a small crack, then today i came back and i plugged it up again and the crack even got bigger.

what should i do?
  2. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    AH! that sucks...apple doesn't cover 'physical damage' unless it did it itself though :[
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

if it really happened while you were charging it... then u should take it to apple and say it was done while u were charging it... maybe it heat up too much...
  4. jag09

jag09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea, it must of come from that b/c is in a case not in my pocket, its usually in my hand so i dont know what it could've came from.
    Is it only holding a charge for like 4-5hrs. normal?
    also could have leaving it hooked up in its case contributed?
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could have applied too much pressure when it was in your hand, resulting in a hairline crack which through continued use made it worse. That's only a guess though. Your iPod touch holding a charge for 4-5 hours is normal, considering you're leaving Wi-Fi on, having applications running in the background and other factors that most people forget to turn off to conserve battery.

If you're looking to extend your battery life, turn Wi-Fi off when you're not using it, and hold the home button for approx 6 seconds to turn off all applications running in the background!

Anyways, I don't think that leaving the iPod touch in its case while hooked up contributed to the problem. Unless, it was causing it to overheat, which somehow contributed to the hairline crack expanding into a larger, more visible crack?

Anyways, that's unfortunate that it happened in the first place. Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jag09

jag09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea when i have it on i usually turn wifi off and turn the brightness down. It's only gotten hot once or twice and when it did it was hot, but other than that its always really warm. I guess ill just try to take it to an apple store and see what happens.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Before you take it back to the Apple store, I would recommend restoring your iPod touch!
  8. jag09

jag09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Already did. im going to put like 500 songs on there so it doesnt see to suspicious or anything
  9. mcdavid68

mcdavid68 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

i barely ever turn my ipod off, and when im home im always charging it... could this be damaging it? i use a griffin charger, and my comp...

and btw sorry about your screen. go to apple and say it got really hot so you turned it off.. then tommorow while you were doing some work on your comp you decided to plug it back in and try charging it again, and you notice the screen flickered a bit then it was fine, and then you went to work and left it charging by accident and when you got home it was cracked..

no clue if that will work... and btw if thats against some postin rule someone tell me and ill delete
  10. jag09

jag09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same here i barely turn it off and when ever im at home its always plugged up. I'll try it the worst that can happen is that they say no they wont replace it then i guess ill just have to sell it and put some money towards a 32gb.

Well anyways Thanks all the people that contributed to the thread, ill let you know what happens when i go there