Cracked glass.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dustybunny1, May 5, 2009.

1. dustybunny1

dustybunny1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay I dropped my iPod Touch 2G helping out at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum cleaning the 105 Pullman business car on the deck(made of metal). And my screen is severely cracked but it works just fine. And yet I have not been right since. And I dont want to screw up my iPod any further. So whats the best how to fix an iPod Touch 2G's glass video on Youtube? I have a new glass/Digitizer plus all the safe open tools. I just need a really good how to video. Links will be greatly appreciated.

And also will opening my iPod brake some kind of seal to show Apple I have opened up my iPod Touch?
  2. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I suggest you pay someone to fix it for you because It's alot safer , the reason is because I once tried fixing it my self but the screen cracked even more so I stopped but if you want to do it yourself just google iPod touch 2G glass replacement.
  3. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just to let you know, as soon as you open your iPod Touch, you will lose the warranty for this iPod.
  4. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

restore iPod, then chase the warranty
  5. dustybunny1

dustybunny1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple wont replace it under the warranty due to the fact its considered "accidental damage". I don't care if I brake the warranty, the warranty is dead to me. Anyways to have Apple fix it for me it would be 119$ verses the 30$ kit I got to fix it.