Coverflow question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iflo, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Iflo

Iflo New Member

Hey!
    this might sound a little bit noobish but is it ok if i turn off the lock function (so that my ipod's display won't turn black after a few minutes anymore) ?
    I want to put my Ipod next to my monitor while my ipod is in coverflow modus so i can flip through the albums. Its a bit annyoing if the displays turn black every 2 minutes.
  2. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why do you want to flip through them anyways? on your iTunes you can see it all anyways
  3. Iflo

Iflo New Member

i use the stand which comes with it
  4. BlackWolf

BlackWolf New Member

sure you can turn it off, why should you not? the function is there to be used

Please Register or Log in to view images

It will drain your battery a lot faster but if you have it connected to your computer anyway that doesnt matter.

enjoy
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    U can flip through the album cover using iTunes, too.
    Disabling auto-lock is something u should do... Most times u SSH in and u have to turn it off.
    So just disable it and press the hold button

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Iflo

Iflo New Member

Ok now i got a 'problem'.
    When i listen to music in shuffle mode and my ipod's in coverflow mode it dosen't change the cover if a song from another album is played.
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, that's known, although no one is 100% sure if that's a bug or a design choice. Could be a bug, but since the iPod Touch is typically in sleep mode while listening to music for most people, and since it uses up battery, it could be seen as a design choice.

Of course, I only use Coverflows for demos to people since it's more eyecandy than actually usable... No volume controls, forward/back, scrubbing, etc.