Coverflow Problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nonstoprocker03, Dec 27, 2008.

1. nonstoprocker03

nonstoprocker03 New Member

Hey guys, I just got the 2G 32GB iPod Touch for Christmas and everything has been fine up until right now. When I'm in coverflow mode, all of my album covers show up like normal until I get to the S's, then they only appear when I have them selected, like I'll scroll over one and it's just that cover and everything else is a black screen, like there are no other albums. Any ideas?
  2. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have the same issue.. wouldnt mind finding out
  3. joey12

joey12 New Member

I'm having another issue with my ipod touch 2nd generation 16 gb but i dont know if its the same as yours. i'd imagine they are relatively similar and all pertain to the album artwork

for example, i ripped a dave matthews band cd to my itunes music library, found the artwork, and pasted it to every song in that album. then i synced the album to my ipod touch. in about a day i started having problems when i looked through cover flow or was just scrolling through the vertical list of albums. most of the album artwork was displayed correctly, but some albums (like my dave matthews band one) showed up as a a blank, black square. sometimes when i click on a song from the album the song plays and the album artwork is displayed on the screen fine. it doesnt make sense. you can fix this by deleting and re-syncing the albums to your ipod that are messed up, but it just happens again within a few hours or days. I called apple support and the guy had no idea what i was talking about. he figured i didn't know how to find album artwork via itunes at all, which i do. let me know if anyone finds any fixes or info about this problem
  4. caca3221

caca3221 New Member

5. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's quite simple. Tedious, but simple. I had the same problem. What you need to do is, manually find the album artwork for albums that are messing up. Manually edit the artwork on iTunes, but, THIS IS IMPORTANT, you must edit the songs that are on your COMPUTER, no the ones on your iPod. Once you have done that, you have to delete the affected songs/albums off your iPod, then re-sync them with the updated artwork.

Ridiculous bug, but, somewhat easy to fix. If that explanation was confusing, let me know, ha ha.
  7. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

8. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nah. I dunno, it's obviously a bug with the artwork. It just takes an artwork update and re-sync of the affected songs/albums.
  9. dsfindlay

dsfindlay New Member

Yes, and make sure each and every SONG (through iTunes) has the artwork associated with it. If only one song doesn't in an album, Coverflow seems to choke and die.
  10. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Right, thanks dsfindlay, I forgot to mention that. Make sure you update EVERY song with the new artwork.