Coverflow issue.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SkylarEC, Sep 24, 2007.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Can someone confirm that this problem isn't just limited to just my iPod.

Since I have iTunes set to send over a random 100 songs every time I sync, I like to go through my Coverflow on my iPod and actually browse what I have on the thing. If I start at the beginning of the alphabet and go through, by the time I get 1/2 - 2/3 of the way through, the album art stops loading, and vice versa.

This is a pretty stupid problem, if you ask me.

Stats, if it helps:
    554 songs,
    10.5 GB free,
    firmware 3A101a
  2. Phoxx

Phoxx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's not just you, it happens with ANY iPod with coverflow. This happens especially with iPod nano and the classic because they do not have enough performance to render hundreds of album art in timely manner.

Most likely, improvements will be made as new firmware comes out but if you have over a hundred album art, it's advisable to flow through slowly unless you want it to crash.
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

are you sure that all the songs and albums have art attached to them? try rebooting your ipod and if that doesnt work, do a restore.

This does NOT happen to me ever.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Reboot did not fix it.

This only happens when I go through slowly, as when I am browsing albums. If I scan through quickly from start to finish they will all be there.

I understand why that is, it's just that this is a really stupid little problem to have.

What makes the issue lamer is the fact that if I click the album to see the songs, the cover art is there in the corner (it does not load into coverflow when I flip back to the album cover.

Edit: I actually just did a complete restore last Saturday after several hacking attempts all failed.
  5. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    same problem here, i have probably 500 or so album covers.... and it will randomly stop loading
  6. rollerz

rollerz New Member

I've got about 1,000 songs on mine, all with album art and it loads up no problem.
  7. charlienesh

charlienesh New Member

I atched all the album arts to songs in windows media player then put uit on itunes. Would this happen to me if i was look threw cover flow? I didnt get my ipod yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. pared

pared New Member

1191 songs here and it happens to me sometimes as well.
  9. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    it will just happen randomly though.. sometimes as you're flying through them, and sometimes when you're just slowly scrolling...