CoverFlow Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OpalBasil, Jun 6, 2008.

1. OpalBasil

OpalBasil New Member

Apr 7, 2008

I just noticed on my jailbroken 1.1.4 Ipod that when I use the playlist to play music the album cover is wrong, but if I turn it to coverflow the album cover is right,,,,,,,,,,,
    why is that? only in playlist only, other than that it's ok.

2. xblade420

xblade420 New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    hey I think I might know what your problem is. I have an album that I downloaded 2 songs from and put them both on iTunes. now since I didn't buy them from iTunes, they didn't have any of the descriptive information so I fill it out based on what I know about it or look it up (whatever) and then just right-click and say to "download album artwork". now when it did that, it noticed I listed the songs as being from different albums (I didn't know better) and so it downloaded two different album covers, but them I found out they actually came off of the same record and iTunes pulled artwork from a single release of one of the songs so then I had two songs listed as apart of the same album, but with different album artwork, though iTunes seemed to show them as having the same cover. when I synced it to the itouch, it shows the correct album artwork on coverflow, but then I click to play the other song (listed under the same album but what iTunes download the artwork of the single release) it then showed the other cover (of the single) and yea, it you return to coverflow it goes back to the actual album cover.

sorry if I seem long winded, I'm tired and was doing a search for coverflow image quailty problems when I stubmled onto your post.

basically, I think if you go into iTunes and clear the artwork off of the album your having the problem with and downloaded it fresh, made sure all the songs are labeled under the same album, then resynced it... that should work.

but hey... I'm normally not the person ANSWERING questions, I'm the dude that comes on ASKING them cause though I know stuff, I'm still fairly new to this crap.

hope that helps. sorry if your eyes are about to burst lol