Cover Art Question, already searched

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fobwashed, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Fobwashed

Fobwashed New Member

I'm very sorry if this has been covered but I've read all the posts I found in my search results and still can't find out what's going on.

I am using itunes to rip all my cd's onto my hd then dragged them onto my Ipod touch. Now, there were NO album art on any of these cd's I ripped. I clicked on "advanced" then on "get album artwork". That caused a search to activate and at the end of the search there is a list of albums not found. The majority of my albums are found and are supposed to have album art but don't.

I tried downloading some album art from the internet and put them on fine using the methods described in other posts including the dragging the jpg img into the info section of individual or groups of songs, and also the one where you drag it into the album art box on the bottom left of the window.

I'd just like to know if I'm just missing some simple step or what's going on and why the album art that itunes finds are not applied to the albums they belong to. I also checked the itunes "album artwork" directory and there seems to be a lot of files there which I can only assume are my album artworks that aren't applied to the songs.

Is this just some messed up isolated bug that I've run into or is there a fix? I really don't want to install .net framework to run the album artwork program someone else provided.

Steve
  2. AzureBlack

AzureBlack New Member

Might be a bug, who knows? You using the most current iTunes?
  3. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Hmm try this.. highlight the songs in a specific album.. right click or whatever.. Get Info and then bottom right should be a white square.. from there double click that and look for your album art..
  4. Fobwashed

Fobwashed New Member

It'd be silly for me to not be using the latest version of itunes =)

I know how to manually ad album art, I'm just wondering if there's a way for itunes to apply the art it has found through it's internet automatic thingamabob. I can't believe thingamabob makes it through this forum checker's spell check. Anyway, back on topic, itunes has found album art for a lot of my cd's but it won't apply them to the ipod on it's own.

Thanks for the help though, that was a very quick response.

Steve
  5. jamesthejust

jamesthejust New Member

I had a similar issue.

Resolved it by selecting my entire library, editing information for multiple items, checking the 'Artwork' box then clicking OK (this removed existing album art).

I then deleted the 'Album Artwork' folder in the iTunes directory, re-opened iTunes & clicked 'Get Album Artwork' once more.

Hope that helps!
  6. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this might sound dumb but are you logged in to your itunes your account? sorry if this is a dumb @$$ thing to say but...
  7. Fobwashed

Fobwashed New Member

Tried your suggestion James and no dice. Also, yes, I'm logged into my itunes account though I don't really know what that'd have to do with anything -_-;;

Steve
  8. Steve Q

Steve Q New Member

Fobwashed, I have the same issue, but I discovered that some of the artwork does not appear until you play the song. If you are only looking at the song list you may not see the album art. I also noticed that on songs that have no artwork, the "info" listings are "grayed out" (they are not changeable). I think iTunes recognizes this and will not allow artwork for such songs.

Steve Q
  9. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Itunes can't get album art unless the correct info is in place. With songs downloaded from lime wire etc the info is not neccessarily correct. Right click on the tune go to info and enter the correct song title, artist and Album. I think it's basically whatever album you put in that field...you will get the album cover.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch