cover art help?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by maluut, Dec 27, 2007.

1. maluut

maluut New Member

i'm surprised i havent found this thread around here...

but a lot of the albums that i transfer from my pc's itunes library over to my ipod touch dont carry along the album art with them.. some do, some dont. so i've been manually adding the album art to my ipods library on itunes.. tho some of you probably know this is a long task with changing the id tags for each track as well as (writing id3 dialog) that pops up after each track..

anyway, is there a program that can change the cover art automatically for my ipod touch's library? i installed the widget application on my ipod thinking the coverart widget might work, but since it adds from music playing in itunes and not from how the ipod plays music, its been unsuccessful ...

any app on the ipod that can search for cover art for all music files on the ipod??
  2. kenney69

kenney69 New Member

I'm pretty sure you go into iTunes, select your songs, click Advanced, and click Get Album Artwork. You might not get all of them, but it worked for me.
  3. maluut

maluut New Member

choosing advanced>get album artwork only gets artwork for your computers library, not music already uploaded to the ipod.
  4. GaryK

GaryK New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    albumart.org

If you're willing to put in the time, I used http://albumart.org to locate my missing album covers. Remember to use 300x300 or bigger. You might also want to reduce some jpg file sizes.
  5. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you find a solution to this maluut? This would be a really good idea if you could do this.
  6. l33_brandon@hotmail.com

l33_brandon@hotmail.com New Member

Hello, um if your artwork does not get transferred over to Ipod, I don't think there is an automatic way.

But however, I found out that if you copy and paste the downloaded album art which you have downloaded from Itunes store, it embeds into the music files.
    So we can do it album by album, copy and paste each album art over the downloaded album art and transfer over to Ipod. It stays there.
  7. JohnVoljohn

JohnVoljohn New Member

I'm having the same problem. iTune can find the album covers for songs in the library but it cannot for song already on the iPod, wich is seriously the dumbest thing ever... If anybody find a way to correct this it would be really great cause it's just to big a task to manualy import the albums cover for 10 gigs of music...

I mean, if the last fm scrobbler can do it when i listen to songs from my ipod on my computer, how hard could it be for iTune to do the same thing. I'm seriously disapointed with apple on this one...
  8. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always use iArt. It gets Album art and lyrics automatically from the internet usually from Amazon. It finds the majoritiy of them I love it.
  9. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just use iTunes. That is the easiest way.
  10. JohnVoljohn

JohnVoljohn New Member

As recommended by brandon311, I tried iArt and it worked pretty good. It found everything except like 30 cover, so i'll find them manually. It downloaded artwork for my iTune library and also directly on the ipod touch. The program is not perfect, and for some reason it take a long time saving every artwork on the ipod, but who cares cause it's still a lot more quickier than doing it manually.

Dont think i'll have to use this software in the future 'cause i'll be using itunes to find the cover before putting an album on my ipod from now.

Oh yeah, iart is pretty easy to find on any good ******* site

So thanks to brandon311 for saving me a lot of time