couple questions about my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dwyanewade3, Nov 26, 2009.

1. dwyanewade3

dwyanewade3 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have an ipod touch 8gb 3g with an mc model. A question I have is I want to jailbreak my itouch(3.1.2 Firmware) the untethered way but i can't find any jailbreak method that will jailbreak it untethered. I looked at quick freedom and redsnow but quick freedom ask for a 2.2.1 firmware and redsnow asks for a 3.0 FW for their untethered versions and as you guys may already know i have a 3.1.2 firmware so I can't do either of those. Basically what i am asking is is there another way to jailbreak it untethered or am i stuck with the tethered version of blackra1n. Another thing i have been hearing a lot about is greenp0ison and i heard that it is going to be untethered do you guys think greenp0ison will be able to jailbreak my 3.1.2 ipod when it is released or will it only be able to jailbreak 3.1 firmware. Sorry if i am asking for a lot here it's just that i just got my ipod touch and i am really new to all this.Thanks in advance to those people that answer any of these questions

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There's no untethered jailbreak available at the moment and there doesn't look to be one for the forseeable future
  3. Xena

Xena Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just got my first Touch four days ago. New to all this too but I don't see any problem with
    the tethered jailbreak.
  4. oposky2006

oposky2006 New Member

me too, it is really bothering
  5. Liam6502

Liam6502 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    At present there is no untethered jailbreak for your version. There will be one in june 2010 by Greenp0ison. But until then use a tethered jailbreak. Not a big difference. You just cant reboot your device on the go. You have to plug your device into your computer and start whatever jailbreaking program you're using. e.g. Blackra1n or Redsn0w. In my opinion Blackra1n is better. Heres the link to it: http://blackra1n.com/
    Quite simple. Download it then run it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. haplinmir

haplinmir New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I accept with information:I looked at quick freedom and redsnow but quick freedom ask for a 2.2.1 firmware and redsnow asks for a 3.0 FW for their untethered versions and as you guys may already know i have a 3.1.2 firmware so I can't do either of those.
  7. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No... No greenp0ison will come out in a couple of days or in June.
  8. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Please do not bump posts 4 weeks old.
  9. Liam6502

Liam6502 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Please do not bump post 5 weeks old.

inconsistant... I love it when try hards do that. besides Why not... no one answered their question
  10. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    1. What, you make no sense.
    2. If they searched, then they would have found it.