Couple of tips with jailbreaking 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by simonrichards150, Jan 25, 2008.

1. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so I thought I would make this because I encountered a few problems when jailbreaking 1.1.3 and i wanted to share the solutions.

1. The 1.1.3 jailbreak app said I didn't have a jailbroken ipod.

I just rebooted my iPod and then tried again and it worked.

2. The app pack I previously bought didnt sync to my ipod after jailbreaking.

This is because I went from 1.1.1 -> 1.1.3 and I found out I should have gone 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3. And I had to jailbreak each time I updated.

3. The 1.1.3 jailbreak app from installer hangs at about 50% then fails.

I simply did a manual reboot of my iPod (hold down power and home until screen turns off then release them) and once it started up I found the jailbreak had in fact worked.

I hope this is useful to someone!
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    you got lucky with turning it off (#3). Thats when it is acctually writing the firmware, so it can take up to a half hour.
  3. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I waited until it gave me a message saying "Main Script Execution Failed" so idk what was wrong with it but by the time the message appeared it had finished.
  4. bulldozer246

bulldozer246 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Would you recommend backing up, then deleting any 3rd party apps before jailbreaking, or is it fairly easy to make them visible again after upgrading?
  5. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    personally, I would just restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak, jailbreak 1.1.2, then jailbreak 1.1.3. Most people have the most success with that. My computer makes an empty .bin file, so H3X is my only hope until the official jailbreak.
  6. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

i restored and went to 113 about 5 times so far... and its with the package bsd subsystem... if you restore to 111 and goto jailbreakme.com and install appsnapp, make sure you go into installer and install bsd subsystem, i tested this twice by not installing it bsd subsystem after going to jailbreakme.com, i got the script error bc the script cant run properly. Then the next time i restored back to 111 i installed bsd subsystem the next time, and then used ibrickr and i didnt get the error. it simply went half way and then rebooted into 113 properly. Just some fyi for your faq.
  7. mcsampson

mcsampson New Member

When installing the softcore app thing it goes about half way and reboots but its still on 1.1.1

When I used IBrickr it said everything went fine but the softcore thing did not work like I mentioned before..