couple of quick 3.1 Q's

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Nov 7, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hi guys

just decided to finally update my old un-jb 1st gen from 2.1.1 to 3.1.2. other than the fact my device seems slightly more jerky in general, everything seems just the same. but i have a couple of simple queries answered please?

1) i cant double press the home button to get the music interface up any more. can i re-activate this option?

2) Apple's description of some of 3.1.2's new bits on their web site says about new app push notification. Well, iv'e had a push notification for my emails working nicely up until now. how is this different? and how do i activate it?

3) Apple's site also talks about automatic wi-fi log in. Well again, the 3 or 4 places i generally go to already give me successful auto wi-fi log in. so what's new here?

4) how do i use cut'n'paste?

5) i thought i'd have 11 pages now instead of 9. but i havent. is this correct as in still only 9?

thanks you.
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1) Settings -> General -> Home
    2) This allows third-party applications, besides Mail, to notify you of any new updates
    3) With some places, you join the unsecured WiFi network, but then have to log in with a seperate username/password.
    4) Double-tap a word in Safari, Mail, or another compatible app
    5) Install a few more apps; there is only as many pages as you need.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G