Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EltNoobl, Jan 4, 2010.

1. EltNoobl

EltNoobl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok Im going to be blunt with this 1)Is there a way to copy EVERYTHING from your iPod (Notes [From the Notes App], Videos, Music, Pictures, Apps, ect)? The Next 2 pertain to this question. If the answer to the first one is no Skip these two 2)Can i do this by SSHing into my iPod and copying ALL the Folders? 3)Can I restore all of said Files by re-SSHing them into the iPod AFTER I restore, jailbreak, and install OpenSsh? Ok Final question. I broke the screen on my iPod Touch (Just the Glass part, the LCD part is Fine) and I have to send it in for repairs, but my Warrenty is out. 4) How do I pay Apple for them to fix it? Will they Tell me over the Phone or do I need a Credit Card or something close to it?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The easiest way to backup everything non-jailbreak related is to sync with iTunes. This will back up all your apps, photos, pics, videos etc... If you want to manually copy specific files and folders then you'll have to do that manually, though it's a big deal to reinstall much of it as much of ity is related to index files. Seeing as you seem to have limited experience I would suggest you stick to iTunes backups for the usual music, videos, photos, notes etc. and manual copies for important data files.

On the broken glass, I'm not sure. Ask Apple, though depending where you are in the world often a 3rd party repair service may be cheaper if you are out of warranty.
  3. EltNoobl

EltNoobl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you, First im in the US so I think it would be Cheaper to send it to Apple. and Second, It is jailbroken, Although Im pretty sure that they shouldnt need to the into the iPod (Data-wise) to fix it, Im pretty sure they will anyways so I'd Love to save Everything on it before i Restore it and ship it out to them.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You may end up with a refurbished unit that you will need to re-register with iTunes. I'm not sure if you'll be able to reinstall your old iTunes backup onto a 'new' device though... it may be possible but maybe someone else can shed some light on this. There's also a tool in Cydia for backing up your jailbreak stuff though I forget the name as I have never used it.
  5. EltNoobl

EltNoobl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bump: Cant Any1 here help me? And Thanks Stu, but I cant get into Cydia because the Glass part Also Houses the Touch senors. The only part that works is the top right part of my screen, no where else. So I cant get to cydia to try said app. Plus I have a password on the iPod, thats why i want to Save Everything
  6. EltNoobl

EltNoobl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bump: Again, Can no one here help me?
  7. EltNoobl

EltNoobl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bump: Well, Thanks for the help Stu, Seeing as your the only one here willing to. Im just going to try the SSH idea i posted oringinally. You Can Close/delete now