Couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by msgkar03, Mar 27, 2009.

1. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

Hey all. I would like to report that I have finally decided to jailbreak my touch =) I did it the other night without too much of a problem.. the only thing that took me a few tries was the timing for DFU mode.

I have a quick question or 2 about apps.

1.) Does anyone know if theres a way to increase the amount of times information is fetched from the server? Like I was curious if I could get my touch to check my mail every 3-5 minutes.. as opposed to the 15 minute in the settings?

2.) Also does anyone know of an app that lets me customize the top status bar?

3.) If I were to backup my ipod through SSH .. and I need to restore for any reason... could I just drag all the files back onto my restored ipod and have it be the way I restored it as? (meaning will all layouts, settings, contacts, etc. be copied over?)
  2. weenazo

weenazo New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    okay ..i have a question...
    mm...about the bluetooth chip being in the itouch..if thats true..
    is there any way to enable it..what does it need a firmware??
    ...and anyone know which other site i can use to download apps..
    that's similar to <removed>
    ??
    oh and is it possible to use the itouch as a phone..if so whats required??
    thanks!
  3. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

Totally just hijacked my thread! =P lol
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not that I know of. Anyway it'll kill your battery to push that often.

Winterboard allows for status bar theming and also 'Advanced Settings' allows you to have a numercial battery, change the operator name, time etc... both on Cydia.

I don't think it's as simple as that... there's a backup prog you can use in Cydia, though I would always suggest starting a fresh each time you restore and re-jailbreak.
  5. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Q: Does anyone know if theres a way to increase the amount of times information is fetched from the server? Like I was curious if I could get my touch to check my mail every 3-5 minutes.. as opposed to the 15 minute in the settings?

A: its called push notifications. Maybe edit the info.plist via SSH?

Q: Also does anyone know of an app that lets me customize the top status bar?

A: Changing the name iPod? and the time? Use makeitmine.

Q: If I were to backup my ipod through SSH .. and I need to restore for any reason... could I just drag all the files back onto my restored ipod and have it be the way I restored it as? (meaning will all layouts, settings, contacts, etc. be copied over?)

A: Download an application in Cydia called aptbackup. it backups your cydia apps and everything you downloaded in Cydia. For other files like saved data on apps, just back it up on itunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this helps?
  6. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

thank you very much for your help studangerous and jlgm25 =)