Couple of General questions....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rokrin, May 6, 2009.

1. rokrin

rokrin New Member

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section; normally I just read this forum for stuff for my iPod but today google isn't answering my questions so I've got two for you guys, hopefully you can help out.

1) Does anyone know if iPhonePCSuite supports the 2.2.1 firmware? I can't tell because for some reason it's defaulted the language pack to chinese, but I get an error when it tries to update itself.

2) Can someone explain to me the concept of getting Daemon Tools onto my iPod? I can't really find any information on how I'm supposed to do this.

For reference, I'm looking at this thread, more specifically:

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated; again if this is the wrong forum, please move it for me so I know in the future!

Cheers,
    Rokrin

e: Third question, possibly more general as it's what I'm trying to achieve with the above: Is there any way to edit permissions without using wifi? I can't get OpenSSH without using wifi for Cydia either and iTunnel doesn't have 2.2.1 firmware.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I cant help you with the first number 1, I've never used the program. But for number 2, I have no idea what that guy was talking about, there's no way of putting Daemon tools on your ipod :S
  3. rokrin

rokrin New Member

I just realized I probably put this in the wrong section because I actually have a second-generation iPod touch.
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is general chat, its not specific to a generation, its alright.