Country Based App Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TNSL, Jan 2, 2010.

1. TNSL

TNSL New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi all

I am new here, only got my Ipod Touch 3G 32gb for xmas.

Anyway my problem is with the app store, i am English but living in Germany and the ITunes account i have is set to Germany, this is no major problem for me, but looking to buy English TV shows, Films, Apps i can only get what is available in Germany, eg.. many of the videos will only be in German, i speak german no problem, but i don't want to watch any original English shows, films in German. Also some off the English based Apps are not available for me, eg the premiership football app.

I tried setting up another account using my parents English address but it refused me on my German credit card.

Is there anyway around this, i know where to get hold of alot of the stuff i want illegally, but i would rather pay and stick to the law.

Thanks in advance

Tony
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried changing the country at the bottom of iTunes home screen? Not sure if that will work. If it doesn't then I think you're stuck as you can only register a UK credit card that is linked to a UK address for the iTunes UK store - similar for other countries.

As for App Store piracy please don't mention or discuss it here, there's no need. The forum rules are very clear.
  3. TNSL

TNSL New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i tried changing the country in ITunes as you suggested, and it does not work, it only takes me to the English ITunes store, when i try to download somthing, it takes me back to the German ITunes store, and i can only download what is available in the German store

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks

Tony